UT College of Veterinary Medicine Holds Veterinary Summer Experience
The UT College of Veterinary Medicine is holding its Veterinary Summer Experience for high school juniors and seniors who have an interest in veterinary medicine. The six-week program will engage students in a variety of experiences for them to learn about all areas of the veterinarian field. They will job shadow for five-weeks at a veterinarian practice in their local area, and then complete one week at the veterinary college in Knoxville. Students will also learn more about the UT College of Veterinary Medicine program and what is has to offer prospective students.
The program receives a number of applications and the requirements are firm with students needing to meet the following:
- Be a legal resident of the State of Tennessee and enrolled in a Tennessee high school or homeschool.
- Be a current high school junior or senior at the time of application submission.
- Be at least 16 years of age by Thursday, June 1, 2023.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be available for full participation (40 hours/week) between June 12 – July 14, 2023.
- Have not previously participated in the UTCVM Veterinary Summer Experience Program.
No exceptions will be made regarding the requirements, so be sure you meet them all if you apply to the program.
When you are ready to complete the online application, plan to do so in one sitting. You may apply now for the Veterinary Summer Experience.
The application deadline is Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Supplemental material must be postmarked by Friday, March 3, 2023.
Do you like what you are reading? Follow Homeschool Roster on Facebook.
Get updates and keep up with Homeschool Roster news. Subscribe to Homeschool Roster.